The team is proud to announce the release of MATE 1.2. This release is a huge step forward since the 1.0 and 1.1 development releases. MATE is more stable than ever and it includes support for many more applications, applets and backends.
Here are the main changes and improvements in this release:
- Numerous bug fixes
- All conflicts with GNOME were fixed
- All configuration files were moved to ~/.config/mate
- An undo/redo feature was added in Caja
- Libmate’s mate-open command is now faster to open applications.
- Mate settings daemon now supports the PulseAudio and GStreamer backends
- New applications: mozo (alacarte fork), python-caja, caja-gksu, caja-image-converter
- Mate themes were renamed to avoid conflicts with GNOME
- A new MATE wallpaper was added
- MATE now features its own icon