The server that runs this website went offline without notice yesterday. We don’t know why and we’ve had no contact from our server host. We do have complete backups, no data has been lost. We’ve started to restore services and the outstanding service will be reinstated as time permits over the holiday period.
We will update this page as services come back online.
What is the impact?
This services are currently down, listed in order of restore priority
ml.mate-desktop.org- The mailing lists, which are rarely used.
forums.mate-desktop.org- The forums, which we started shutting down earlier in the year and are locked.
What has been restored?
- https://www.mate-desktop.org - This website
- https://pub.mate-desktop.org - Where you can find the tarballs of MATE Desktop releases.
- https://wiki.mate-desktop.org - The developer wiki.
- https://git.mate-desktop.org - This is a mirror of the MATE Desktop GitHub.
- https://planet.mate-desktop.org - The MATE Desktop planet.
mail.mate-desktop.org- Mail server for developers.
- Bytemark offer to sponsor MATE Desktop hosting to help us overcome the server outage with our previous provider.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.